Hhhmmmm.....

Does anyone ever read these things? If so, make a comment, leave a note, or drop me a line....let me know you were here.

Free Counters

Free Counter

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Get The Lead Out














I've now officially completed my medical/surgical rotation at Timp Hospital. While I was there I got to sit in on two different procedures in the cath-lab. The first was a vertebroplastie and the second was a heart catheterization. For both procedures, I had to wear this big lead dress. It's has the benefits of protecting all our vital organs from the x-rays the doctors use to guide them through the process. I tried to convince the guys in the cath-lab that I didn't need to wear the thyroid guard, since I don't have one, but apparently parathyroids are our friends too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome you have finished that up. I bet its all a lot of work. I seriously admire all the school work and everything your putting into becoming an RN