Hhhmmmm.....

Does anyone ever read these things? If so, make a comment, leave a note, or drop me a line....let me know you were here.

Free Counters

Free Counter

Monday, February 22, 2010

It's official....

Thursday, February 18
Twas the night before NCLEX and all through the house, not a creature was stirring except for the nursing student in the basement who couldn't sleep and had anxiety so badly that she felt as though an elephant was sitting on her chest. When sleep finally came so did nightmares of sleeping in and missing her test appointment. Not a very restful night.

Friday, February 19
Test time 0800, arrive 30 minutes early to allow for time to fill out paper work. With a click of the mouse the countdown begins. Six hours is all you get to take this test. At least 75 questions and up to 265 at most. The more questions you get right, the harder they get. When the computer is 95% confident you're competent the test clicks off and the test is over. 90 minutes and 130 questions later the computer screen went black. 0930 walked out of the testing center pretty certain I had failed. Then the waiting began....

Saturday, February 20
Utah Division of Occupational & Professional Licensing is closed. No results will be posted. Zumba in the morning to work out some of the anxiety that comes with waiting. Off to work...a nice distraction.

Sunday, February 21
DOPL is still closed. Loving friends and family start to say things like, "I know you'll pass." "Have you heard anything yet?" "Don't worry, DOPL opens tomorrow and it'll post." Unless it didn't. I felt as though the test had chewed me up and spit me back out. I came to the conclusions it wasn't called a CAT test for nothing...It was a big ugly black cat hissing with claws bared.

Monday, February 22
0730: Check DOPL website. No results posted. Off to school to pass the time.
0900: Check DOPL website during a break between classes. No results posted.
1130: Home from school. Check DOPL website. No results posted.
1330: Check one more time before leaving for work. No results posted.
1331: Give in and pay $7.95 to receive Quick Results. Best money ever spent, for there on the screen it read: PASSED!

I let out a whispered shock, "I passed!?!" Then at the top of my lungs, "I PASSED!" Then I started to cry.

I Passed The NCLEX!
Somerset Smith, R.N.

13 comments:

Danielle said...

you are amazing!!! congratulations! i hate the anxiety and horrible dreams before a hard test... =/ GREAT JOB!

Lisa Heinrichs said...

you are a true inspiration Sommie GOOD FREAKING JOB and CONGRATS. LOVE YOU!!!!!

Katie said...

yayyayyay!!! I'm so proud of your accomplishments! (And I almost started crying for you!)

Svedi Pie said...

Somer!! That is so awesome! Congrats girl - you worked so hard for this and you totally deserve it! Here's to new adventures :D (except are you getting your bachelors as well? Good luck!!)

Ticklemedana said...

AUGHHHHH! CELEBRATION!!!! Let's Celebrate!!!

Helena said...

Hell yeah! Um, I meant heck. Heck yeah.

Mommydew said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats girl!

Michelle Kelly said...

Congrats Somer!! I was just blog surfing and thought I would see when you were taking the NCLEX and found out you passed! That's awesome.

Megan Young said...

Woohoo! I am SOO excited for you! You ROCK and all your hard work has paid off! I am also VERY excited to see you this weekend! Hadley can't wait! And I was wondering if you'd be in the mood for picture taking? I'd love some pics of Hadley and we haven't gotten a good family pic yet. I LOVE our engagement pics so I'd love if you took these pics, but only if YOU want to--no pressure! Love ya!

Casey said...

Well of course you did! I never doubted you for a second, you smarty pants! :) A big woot woot for you! Congrats!

Rach said...

That is so freaking sexy.

Anonymous said...

WAHOO!!!!! That is awesome. Congrats!

Emily said...

Congratulations Somer! Enjoyed your comment on my blog about the snow-covered "bugs." ;)