Hhhmmmm.....

Does anyone ever read these things? If so, make a comment, leave a note, or drop me a line....let me know you were here.

Free Counters

Free Counter

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Y2K + 10

Driving home from work this evening I got to thinkin' about what I'd been doing on this night 10 years ago. It was the year of the Y2K scare. I remember I was at Natalie's house, getting ready to bring in the New Year with my regular group of rebel rousers: Natalie, Rach, Kasha and Dave, Kevin, Ryan, Liz, and Travis. I remember I had my nails done all fancy smancy...they were dark purple with glitter and fireworks painted on them. We watched a movie, but I can't recall which one. We sang around the piano...I miss that...and at midnight had life savors that spark in the dark. I remember walking outside to scream and yell and Orion was bright in the sky.Chad was on his mission in Guatemala and I missed him terribly! (Lucky for me he called the next day. I remember the first thing I said, or rather sobbed, was "I miss you so much!" I also remember asking him what he was wearing...meaning what was his every day missionary attire...to which he replied, "Ooo, what are you wearing?) So, tonight as I ring in the New Year with a snotty nose, my handy roll of toilet paper, and a hot cup of Tang, I'd like to review (in no particular order) some of the things that have happened in the last decade:

  1. Got my heart broken...more than once.
  2. Served a mission to North Carolina Charlotte.
  3. Finally got into the nursing program and graduated with my RN.
  4. Celebrated 10 years out of high school.
  5. Married off my best girlfriends...some of them more than once.
  6. Made out with a random brown boy on the white sand beaches of Oaho.
  7. Took Math 4 times, Anatomy 3 times, Physiology and Chemistry 2 times.
  8. Lived out my childhood dream of attending a New Kids On The Block concert.
  9. Conquered Havasupai.
  10. Took a road trip with my sisters through Yellow Stone.
  11. Was paid to poke people with needles.
  12. Delivered a baby...well helped anyway.
  13. Kissed Dopey on the head at Disney Land.
  14. Drove from Provo to Washington D.C.
  15. Turned 30.
Looking back over the last 10 years, not many things happened as I had planned. But, had things gone according to plan, I would have missed out on some great adventures!

As the 2010 dawns, instead of the run-of-the-mill list of resolutions, I'm making a bucket list of things I want to do before the year is over. Of course, I'll still have that list that includes things like "Lose 10 pounds" or rather "Lose 10 x 10 pounds" and all the other things that get said every year. But this bucket list is all about things I want to do...Like learn bellydancing.

3 comments:

Megan Young said...

What an adventurous past 10 years! Not many people can say they have done those things! I love you Somer! Good luck on your bucket list!

Jackie said...

I'm so, SO PROUD of you for getting for RN!! I love it, and girl, you know I love ya. Afterall, who doesn't love the coolest person in the whole wide world!

Helena said...

I love the bucket list idea! And I say HECK YES to belly dancing! If I was in Utah, I'd be right there with you.