Hhhmmmm.....

Does anyone ever read these things? If so, make a comment, leave a note, or drop me a line....let me know you were here.

Free Counters

Free Counter

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Accepted!

It was done on a whim...I was filling out my graduation application and came upon the question "Will you be continuing your education in the next year?" Nope. Wasn't planning on it. You see, an Associate Degree of Nursing is an RN. You can do everything some one with a Bachelor of Nursing can do. Pay doesn't increase with a BSN. I've been in school constantly since getting home from my mission. Nope...not continuing my education in the next year. But then...

What would it hurt to apply? I mean, really I figured I had a snowballs chance in Hell of getting accepted. When I didn't get in I could say, "Well, I applied. Bring on the break from school!" without feeling any slacker guilt. Plus, both my sisters are super smart. Kierstan has her masters degree and Ashleigh is working on hers. I'll have my associate degree...you can get an associate degree from a Jr college. So, I suppose you could say there was a matter of pride in the decision to apply as well. Also, I'm the big 3-0. In two years I'll be 32...those years are going to go by whether I'm in school or not. So, why not apply? I submitted my application and didn't really give it a second thought.

October 31 at about 1 a.m. I decieded to check the mail. Inside I found an envelope from UVU Nursing department...and it was THICK! I opened the envelope to read: Congratulations!! You have been accepted to the Advanced Entry Rn-to-BSN program in Spring (January) Semester 2010. And, there really were TWO exclamation points after the word congratulations.

So, I'm in. I'm excited, but...a break really would have been nice.

6 comments:

Casey said...

Awesome!!! (with 3 exclamation points) Of course I wouldn't expect anything less from you. You are the definition of go-getter!

Marcee said...

You go girl!!!! You will be awesome! You can take a break when you are dead. :) Besides, resting is over rated! You will be awesome! Congrats!

Ticklemedana said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so stoked for you!

Kelsi Rose said...

Yea Somer! You are the best. I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

That is really exciting! Congrats!

Ash said...

Way to go Somer!!! You are amazing. It is a good thing you have a cheap, but amazing place to live!!!!

Love ya