Hhhmmmm.....

Does anyone ever read these things? If so, make a comment, leave a note, or drop me a line....let me know you were here.

Free Counters

Free Counter

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Childish Things

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a woman, I put away childish things -- 1 Corinthians 13:11

Putting away childish things is turning out to be a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. When Mom began remodeling her home, we decided (Well, more like I decided) it was time to sort through everything and declutter. Yesterday, in a barrel in the basement we found my baby dolls and stuffed animals I've saved over the years.
  • Baby Bear -- I gave her a hug in the department store when I was 8 months old and would never let it go. I even took her on my mission.
  • Ted D. Bear -- Becky gave him to me for Christmas one year.
  • Al the Crocodile (he roars when you squeeze it's snout) -- Lance brought it back from Florida for me before they moved and I wouldn't be his nanny any more.
  • Welcome Home Baby -- That's what it said on the box, so that's what I named her.
  • Snowball the Gorilla -- Sam won him for me at Lagoon on our first date playing a football game.
  • A ratty little doll named Leivela -- I saw her one Christmas morning and yelled "Leivela!" My mom still doesn't know where I came up with that name.
  • Purple Elephant -- Chad won him for me at Lagoon...turned out to be quite ironic when the pink elephant in the room really did turn out to be purple.
  • Cyndi and Jeffery -- Both anatomically correct.
At 30-years-old I'm finding it difficult to part with them. How is that possible when they've been put away for so many years? So, I'm not. They're going into the toy closet for my niece to play with...well, all except Baby Bear. She's going back on my bed.

3 comments:

Racheal said...

I know exactly how you feel. I moved all my stuff over to the new house and I still have some dolls and stuffed animals. I finally realized that it would be good to have them out for the kids to play with instead of just boxed up.

Svedi Pie said...

I was going to say you better keep Baby Bear! My mom is bringing my things out here in a month. And I'm going to have to do the same thing :( only I don't have cute nieces to give them too.

Miss you girl!

Casey said...

You're good! I can't remember any of my dolls' names! I gave my stuffed animals to Belle. She chews them up to pieces. I guess that's almost as good as giving it to a child! :)