Hhhmmmm.....

Does anyone ever read these things? If so, make a comment, leave a note, or drop me a line....let me know you were here.

Free Counters

Free Counter

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hangin' Tough

I remember it like it was yesterday...Saturday, September 1, 1990 the {New Kids On The Block Magic Summer Tour} rocked the Marriott Center in Provo. And I was not there. I had planned on going. My cousins had an extra ticket and had invited me to go! It was the most exciting prospect of my life thus far! Then, the day before the big event they reneged the invitation. Someones 'best friend' was able to go...they were in and I was out. I was devastated! Instead of singing at the top of my lungs with thousands of other shrieking pre-pubescent girls, I sat on my twin size bed gripping my pillow adorn with a New Kids pillow case, staring at the New Kids posters on my bedroom wall, and sobbing as their melodic voices floated from my boom-box. My 11-year-old heart was broken! Now, close to twenty years later, I have found vindication! On Saturday, November 15, 2008, I will be singing at the top of my lungs with thousands of other post-pubescent 30-something women at the {New Kids On The Block} concert! YES! I have still got the Right Stuff to be Hangin' Tough!

4 comments:

Mommydew said...

What a sad story...but how funny is it that first of all New Kids on the Block are having a concert and second of all you are going?! Scream your heart out! :)

Ticklemedana said...

LOL! LOVE IT...that's awesome, my dear...I will be seeing them for the 2nd time in my life and I CANNOT wait! =D

Anonymous said...

new kids...oh how i remember them. good times, glad you get to go. that story makes me cry for your little broken heart

allicat4 said...

WHEEEEE! Ummm, can you secretly video it for me? I'll be there in spirit.