Hhhmmmm.....

Does anyone ever read these things? If so, make a comment, leave a note, or drop me a line....let me know you were here.

Free Counters

Free Counter

Monday, January 3, 2011

Decisions Are The Worst

I got offered a job...Here

Pros:

  • Full time RN position
  • Willing to work with my school schedule for this last semester
  • Working with a population that I love!
  • Monday-Friday with weekends off
  • Option to be on call every other weekend and make a little extra $$$
  • When I met with the staff it just felt right...I know, cliche' 
Cons:
  • Full time position and I have 17 credit hours this semester. The semester that starts in 2 days.
  • Full time position and I have a 180 hour Senior Project/Preceptorship to complete this semester.
Okay, so those are the only cons. In reality, if I had been offered the job immediately following my interview I would have taken it right then. The basis for the majority of my decisions revolves around how I feel. Call it intuition. Call it the Spirit. Call it naivety. Being with the staff from Discovery Ranch felt right. Felt as though I'd known them for longer than the 2 hours we spent lunching together for my interview. That was 10 days ago and now my brain has gotten involved. 

My brain is hung up on a few things. Aside from the aforementioned cons, I don't want to take the position just because it's offered. Things have been getting more and more frustrating at my current job. I suppose it's the normal frustrations of feeling as though your concerns are not being heard. Frustrations that nothing is changing...the passiveness of "we're in a learning phase...things will work themselves out" so I fear I'd be taking the position just to escape the situation. I fear leaving my wonderful residents in the current situation without some one willing to advocate for them and ballsy enough to open her mouth and be heard...me. 

And then there's all the what ifs. What if? What if? What if? 


Basically, it comes down to the fact that I'm scared. 

What to do. What to do.

4 comments:

Megan Young said...

Looks like a great place to work with a lot of pros! You'll make the right decision--trust yourself! Good luck with Stats!

Lisa Heinrichs said...

Somer, I think you know deep inside what you should do and everything will fall into place. You would be amazing working with the boys and I think you know that. pray about it.

The Robinson's said...

take it! sometimes decisions suck and you wonder "what if i don't make the right one..." but the pros out weigh the cons! plus... then maybe you won't move away after i have the babes! you will be great at whatever decision you make! love ya!

Casey said...

Go for it! I think you're a natural for that job!